|i. Vice-Chancellor (Chairman)||xii. Chairman - A.F.S.U.|
|ii. Registrar (Secretary)||xiii. General Secretary - A.F.S.U.|
|iii. Dean of Students||xiv. Chairman - F.E.T.S.U.|
|iv. Director of Physical Instruction (Asst. Gen. Sec.)||xv. General Secretary - F.E.T.S.U.|
|v. Officer of Placement & Training||xvi. Chairman - S.F.S.U.|
|vi. Prof. Subir Mukherjee (Geological Sc.)||xvii. General Secretary - S.F.S.U.|
|vii. Prof. Rubi Sain (Sociology)||xviii. Sri. Amiya Narayan Bhattacharyya (Ex-blue)|
|viii. Dr. Sudip Sundar Das (Physical Education)||xix. Prof. Debasish Bandyopadhyay (Ex-blue)|
|ix. Dr. Sadhana M. Chatterjee (Geological Sc.)||xx. Sri. Bishnu Sankar Panchadhyayee (Ex-blue)|
|x. Dr. Partha Pratim Ray (Physics)||xxi. Sri. Junith Sengupta (Blue)|
|xi. Dr. Partha Sarathi Chakraborty (Adult Cont.)||xxii. Miss. Mohana Sengupta (Blue)|
Office of the Director of Physical Instruction, Sports Board, Jadavpur University:
Ph. No- 033-2413-6989 (o) / 033-2457-2309 (Internal)
- To access sports as a fundamental right to all
- To promote health and fitness among the students
- To provide a vibrant sports environment
- To bring out talented sports persons
- To give wide exposure in the field of sports to university community into the hall of fame
- To develop healthy relationship amongst students through sports
- To enhance quality and standard of sports performance
- Sports Quota Admission: For admission under sports quota, a student must have a record of participation in the National / Inter-State competition or above or secured position 1st / 2nd / 3rd for individual event / sports or member of Champion / Runners up team for team event/sports/games in Inter-Dist (open) competition recognized by the competent authorities in the A.I.U listed sports and games with percentage of marks / JEE rank as fixed by the concerned faculty at qualifying examination for UG level courses including B.Ed, B.P.Ed, B.Lib course of the university. and having position 1st / 2nd in the Zonal Inter-University competition or having position 1st / 2nd / 3rd in the All India/ Inter-Zonal Inter-University competition in the AIU (www.aiuweb.org) conducted events sports/games with percentage of marks/rank as fixed by the concerned faculty at qualifying examination for PG level course including M.Ed, M.P.Ed, M.Lib course of the university where graduation is minimum qualification. For chess, applicant having the FIDE rating 1700 and above along with the criteria specified above and for Tennis, applicant having the AITA ranking up to 300 for under 18 years boys/girls or ranking up to 500 for open (Men/Women) category is eligible to apply for admission under the sports quota. Such sports representations for UG or PG courses are to be made in the current year or any one of the two preceding years (calendar year) only.
- Placement provisions for Meritorious Sportsperson: Office of the D.P.I, Sports Board or Office of the D.O.S endorses to the meritorious Sportspersons who have represented the Jadavpur University in any one of the A.I.U recognized sports / games for employment to different grade of service under the State Govt., Central Govt. and other private sector / institutions.
- Sports Award (Blue certificate, Blazer & Memento for prize winner): Students who represented the university in Zonal / Inter Zonal / All India Inter-University competition under the auspices of AIU at any event, is given Blue certificate and the students who represented university consecutively thrice in the same event, is awarded Blazer. Mementos are awarded to the students those who have won medals in individual or team event at Zonal, Inter-Zonal / All India Inter-University competition.
- Sports Inspiration: Sports Board organizes sports inspiration programme every alternate year / every two years to falicitate and motivate the student-participants of Jadavpur University for their representation and outstanding sports achievements in inter-university sports / games by awarding them Blue certificate, Blazer and Memento.
- Best Sports Person Trophy: This trophy is awarded to a student who will secure maximum points by representing the university and performing well at various Zonal, Inter-Zonal / All India Inter-University level competition in sports & games. This trophy is awarded each year in the Annual Convocation.
- Participation in AIU Inter-University Sports & Coaching Camp: To bring out talented sports persons, Sports Board welcomes all the deserving students to participate in various interuniversity sports events such as Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Cricket, Tennis, Table Tennis, Air Rifle Shooting, Squash Rackets, Kho-Kho, Badminton, Ball Badminton, Athletics, Taekwondo, Aquatics, Rowing, Weight & Power lifting, Yoga etc. at Zonal, Inter-Zonal & All India Inter-University level. In support of participation, university run sports coaching camp for the above stated sports events as & when required under the supervision of part-time coaches and fitness & gym trainer.
- Opportunities for participation in World University Games: There will be golden chance for the intervarsity players to participate in World University Games in respect of winning the gold medal or ranking the first (1st) position or member of the Champion team in Inter-Zonal / All India Inter-University Tournament / Championship under the aegis of AIU.
- Participation other than Inter-University Tournament / Competition: Other than AIU interuniversity tournament, university teams / players also participate in other State / National / International level competitions like West Bengal Inter-University / Inter-College Tournament / State Championship / Inter-State (National) Championship & International competitions recognized by the competent authorities.
- Hosting of AIU Inter-University Tournament / Competition: Sports Board of Jadavpur University takes the opportunity for organizing various Inter-University tournaments / competitions as and when entrusted by the AIU. The university organized All India Tennis (W), East Zone Table Tennis (M&W), Chess (M&W), Cricket (M) etc. several times.
- University Intra-Mural Sports Activities: Sports Board of Jadavpur University organizes Annual Sports, Inter-Hostel & Inter-Faculty tournament and provides opportunity to participate in various Invitational & Friendly matches in the university campus.
- Sports Affiliation with other Bodies / Agencies: To create professional and corporate atmosphere and to give exposure to the university community into the hall of fame, Jadavpur University Sports Board has been associated with the other sports organizations / associations like Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB), Indian Football Association (IFA), West Bengal Athletics Association (WBAA), West Bengal Basketball Association (WBBA), Bengal Tennis Association (BTA) etc. for collaborative sports programmes like sports league, tournament, seminar, clinic etc. to develop healthy relationship with other institutions.
- Sports Facilities: Sports Board offers a vibrant sports environment with facilities of specious playgrounds, courts, gymnasiums along with the regular sports provision for all major sports and games to the university students and employees as the following: 2 Cricket grounds with net practice (One at Salt Lake campus with international standard & one at Main campus), 2 Football grounds (One 9 side at SL campus & one common ground at Main campus), 2 Basketball grounds (One at SL campus & one at Main campus), 4 Volleyball courts (One at Main campus, one at SL campus and two at Hostels), 1 Tennis court at Main campus, 1 Netball/Throw ball court at Main campus, 1 Badminton court (outdoor) at SL campus, 15 Table Tennis Boards (Hostel-9, Student unions- 4 & Main campus-2), 2 Kabadi courts at Main campus, 1 Kho-Kho field at Main campus, 1 Chess Room at Main campus, 1 Common 300 mts. Athletic Track at Main campus, 1 Multipurpose hall including T.T, Yoga, Karate etc. at Main campus, 4 Multizyms (2 at Main campus: one 12 & one 16 stations, 1 at Hostel: 12 stations, 1 at SLcampus: 16 stations).
1 Gold Medal (50m F.S),
1 Gold Medal (50m B.F) &
1 Bronze Medal (50m Bs.S)
|3||All India||Rowing (W)||2009-10|
1 Silver Medal (Single Scull)
2 Silver Medals (Double Scull)
|5||East Zone||Table Tennis (M)||2009-10||3rd Position|
|6||All India||Diving (W) Aquatics||2010-11|
1 Gold Medal (H.B. Diving)
4th (50m F.S)
|Selected in camp for participation of World University Games|
|7||All India||Rowing (W)||2010-11|
1 Silver Medal (Single Scull)
2 Silver Medals (Double Scull)
|8||All India||Diving (W)||2011-12|
1BronzeMedal (H.B. Diving)
1Bronze Medal (3m Diving)
|10||All India||Rowing: Men - Women||2011-12|
2 Silvers Medals (Pairs)
1 Bronze Medal (Single Scull)
|11||All India||Diving (W)||2012-13|
1Gold Medal (H.B. Diving)
1Silver Medal (3m Diving)
|13||Ajoy Ghosh P.Sen Trophy VIZY Trophy||Cricket (M)||2012-13||
4 players selected
2 players selected
|E.Z. Combined Uni. Team. W.B. Combined Uni. Team.|
|Table Tennis (W)||2012-13|
|17||All India||Rowing (W)||2013-14||5 Silver Medal (Fours with cox )|
4 players selected
3 players selected
E.Z. Combined Uni. Team.
W.B. Combined Uni. Team.
|19||East Zone||Chess (M&W)||2014-15||Champion||Four times East Zone Champion|
|20||East Zone||Table Tennis (W)||2014-15||Runners-Up|
|21||All India||Rowing (W)||2014-15||
2 Silver medals (Double Scull)
1 Bronze medal (Single Scull)