1. Needy student are also financially helped by some of the University Endowment Fund, Students Aid Fund operated by Students’ Union, Vice-Chancellor’s Discretionary Fund and through Specific NSS Programme.
2. Free studentships are offered to economically disadvantaged students, in addition of the SC / ST grants they might receive from the Government.
3. 22% and 6% of seats in the hostels are received for SC and ST students respectively.
4. 3% reservation for the differently able in all the hostels is mandatory. For the support services such as Braille books and equipment, audio books, purpose-built ramps, wheelchairs and toilets and special learning software are available at the Special Education and HEPSN Cell.
5. There is reservation for sportspersons in the undergraduate courses up to a maximum of 2% of the total intake.
6. Students taking part in inter-university sports meets are awarded a ‘blue’ certificate, deemed equivalent of recognition as a state level sportsperson. They are also given track-suits.
7. Those who represent the University three times are awarded the University Blazer. A special Blazer is awarded for achievements at the national level.
8. There is best Sportsman Trophy and Best All – Round Graduate Medals handed over by the Chancellor at the annual Convocation.
9. There are Ten University Supported Hobby Clubs & Societies run by the student – members for developing latent qualities of the students.
10. Every regular student of the university is under coverage of Personal Accident – cum – Medical Insurance for students of Jadavpur University for bodily injury from accident caused by external means and it is a round the clock (24 hours) coverage on a worldwide basis.