- All categories of members except the short-term users (on special permission) are entitled to borrow books from the Central Library as well as the Departmental Library.
- Libsys Web Version is utilized in library automation. Databases of books, journals and theses etc. are created and being updated. Those databases are also available in Internet. Facilities for searching Databases and Internet are also available to all users in the different floors of Central Library. OPAC and WebOPAC services are available.
- There are five reading rooms in the Central Library. The main reading room is on the ground floor. On the first floor there is a reading room for the current journals. For reference books, students are advised to consult the reading room of the Reference Section which is in the second floor. For consulting, the bound volumes of journal, thesis and dissertation, there are separate reading rooms.
- All students are provided with the Xerox / scan facilities of the relevant portion of the books and journals etc. available in the library.
- Searching On-line Journals, Databases, E-books and Internet facilities are available in the different floors of the Central Library and particularly in the Centre for Digital Library and Documentation with sixty nodes.
- The question papers of all examinations of J.U. since 2005 have been uploaded in the Institutional repository which may be accessed through J U portal.
- The archival of Ph.D. theses abstracts have started. So far, 97 abstracts of Ph.D. theses have been uploaded in the Institutional repository.
- CD-ROM databases
- Other important services include Inter library loan, indexing and abstracting, current awareness, reference and information service, book exhibitions etc.
- Digitization of rare texts is being initiated. Digital Archives are being built.
- Organization of theses collection has been started.
- Faculty members and officers may access online resources of Jadavpur University from any corner of the world through ‘JU Digital Library beyond Campus’.
- Jadavpur University Library has been selected as one of the Document Delivery Centres of INFLIBNET. It provides the online services to the users of other Universities through JCCC-UGC Infonet.
- Issue-Return of books
- Access to current issues and back volumes of journals.
- Reference and Information Services.
- Access to Databases, Abstracting and Indexing Journals.
- Access to rare books.
- Inter-Library loan
- Photocopying Service
- Current Awareness Service
- Display of New Arrivals.
- Document Delivery Services to academic community of India
SERVICES AT A GLANCE
Additional Services of the Centre for Digital Library and Documentation
- Listing of the reference websites for different disciplines.
- Providing Current Awareness Service of books and current journals.
- Providing “JU Digital Library beyond Campus” Service to faculty members and officers.
Service points increased in the Annex Building
- Ground Floor in the Annex Building for Serials
- First Floor for CDLD / Learning Resource Centre
- Second Floor is for Bengali, Science and Technology Journals
- Third Floor is getting ready for theses and digital archives
Service hours/days increased
- 330 days in a year (Open in Saturdays and Sundays)
- 10a.m. to 8.30p.m.